Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Movies: 8 - Enter the Dragon


I love martial art films. In junior high my dad would take my brothers and I to see the latest Jackie Chan films. I remember watching marathons of Kung Fu on the weekends or the earlier morning 1970's samurai films, the poorly overdubbed ones. Even watching Martial Law with Sammo Hung on Saturday (or Sunday) nights. There is nothing better then a good karate movie.

Enter the Dragon takes the cake. It's Bruce F-ing Lee! Nobody is more badass than Bruce Lee. Chuck Norris wouldn't even mess with Bruce Lee. Yes Enter the Dragon is dated when you watch it now but isn't that part of the charm to the movie? The great opening with Jim Kelly and the awesome wannabe Shaft funk playing! The fight scenes are incredible. The over the top sound design for each and every punch. I wanted to be Bruce Lee when I was a kid. I still want to be Bruce Lee!!!

Bruce Lee died way too soon but that might only add to his legacy. Enter the Dragon is a great movie.

No comments: