Wednesday, August 4, 2010

All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead

So I guess August is the month I will be blogging again...

I'm going through my itunes library alphabetically by album. I had been going through alphabetically by artist but album is way more interesting. I nearly 59 days worth of music in my library. 125 GB of music and growing every day. I collect a lot of band's catalogs. I like to have entire discographies. But I'm trying to cut down my library a little bit. Helmet is a good band. Meantime is great album. Aftertaste on the other hand I don't really enjoy. So instead of coming to a band where I know I like some albums and I skip around on songs and don't delete anything, I can now listen to Aftertaste and realize that I don't like that record and delete from my library.

The other advantage to listening to my library alphabetically by album is it's a more diverse playlist. I had a stretch where I listened to Strongarm, Calibretto 13, The OC Supertones, BoySetsFire, and Sigur Ros. That's a lot of good bands, ranging lots of genres. It doesn't get stale.

It'll be a big challenge going through my library. I'm currently still in A. I have a lot of listening ahead of me.

No comments: