Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Tale of Woe

So I have a problem at the moment. My mouth is salty. Yes, this sounds silly, or dumb, or crazy but it's true and it's affecting my life. I ate some yummy chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream yesterday... And it was salty. My coffee this morning... Salty. Everything I eat is salty. There is just a general salty taste in my mouth at all times. And it sucks.

I don't know the cause... But I have a guess.

I started using whitening toothpaste and mouthwash to help my teeth out a little. I drink a lot of coffee and tea and the color of my teeth were suffering a little. So I switched my toothpaste and mouthwash. I've used the Scope whitening mouthwash before and I don't remember it leaving this terrible salty taste in my mouth. But I've never used the Crest 3d whitening toothpaste. I don't know if it's the combo of the two of them, or just one component but I think the whitening products are affecting how I taste things.

Yes, they have helped my teeth look whiter, but they are ruining ice cream. I'd rather have yellow teeth.

No comments: