Monday, August 9, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Movies: 10 - Toy Story 3


Yes, it's a new movie but it was good enough to be in my top 10. I'm sure over time, this movie will probably climb higher on the list but it sits at 10 today. I love the original Toy Story and while Toy Story 2 was a good film, it wasn't on the same level as the first. Toy Story 3 was on par with the first.

Toy Story 3 has everything a good movie should. Action, drama, tension, romance, a dilemma, and a happy ending. Toy Story 3 had me on the edge of my seat. When our gang of beloved toys is slowing headed towards the fire with the trash I was about to lose it. They all held hands and decided that their final moment was going to spent with each other, friends. I was about to standup in the theater and yell at the creative minds at Pixar. They were about to ruin many a 20 somethings childhood and were going to scar new fans forever. For that moment I truly believed that this would be the last of Buzz and Woody. But alas the pizza planet aliens save the day and our heroes.

Woody is a great hero. Instead of going home to Andy to go off to college, Woody heads back to Sunnyside to save his friends. And then at the end of the movie, instead of letting his friends be put in the attic while Andy heads to college with Woody, Woody does what's right, and has Andy give his toys to Bonnie, so they can continue to live a happy life and provide entertainment for a new kid.

I've only seen it twice. I'm hoping to see it again before it leaves theaters. I love the movie.

No comments: