Friday, August 13, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Movies: 2 - The Incredibles


My top 2 movies are almost interchangeable and may differ depending on what day you ask me. But for this I'm giving The Incredibles the number 2 spot.

I instantly loved The Incredibles. I mean, it was a super hero movie! I was instantly taken back to my childhood. I loved watching any and all things Batman related growing up. I consumed super heroes. Comics books, movies, tv shows, toys. So The Incredibles was an instant hit in my book. This was the movie that really got me into Pixar. Although they had done great movies before it, The Incredibles was just a different movie experience for me.

The Incredibles is funny. Edna Mode (as voiced by director Brad Bird) is a great character. The banter between Frozone and his wife is great. It's a well written movie that, like all Pixar films, has so much heart. It's a great story, it's a great movie. It was the first time PIxar had done a movie that was a complete human cast/story. It was an amazing advance in technical animation, which you don't notice watching the movie because it's so enjoyable.

I have Incredible movie posters, an Incredibles t-shirt, an Incredible's piggy bank, and I will one day steal the Incredible's cookie jar that my sister and brother-in-law have.

No comments: