Friday, August 13, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Movies: 1 - High Fidelity


"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

The very first words in High Fidelity give you just a little bit of perspective into what you're about to watch. John Cusack as the pathetic underdog Rob Gordon. The first time I watched High Fidelity I loved it. I mean half the movie is spent in a record store. High Fidelity is probably Jack Black's best film to date. He kills Let's Get It On at the end of the film. It's just great.

This movie started an unhealthy obsession with John Cusack that still stands today. High Fidelity is a move I'll put on when I'm bored, when I'm feeling bad about my life, or when I just need a good laugh. I love the movie. I know every line by heart, which bugs anyone I watch the movie with. Congratulations to High Fidelity. You are my favorite movie!

No comments: