Sunday, January 31, 2010

Walking Without Effort

There are moments when everything comes together and works out just as you thought and life is good and wonderful and there's a happily ever after moment. We love those. You feel good. God is praised and life moves forward a little easier then yesterday.

And then are moments when we sink and life takes a turn we didn't see coming. Life gets turned upside down and we feel empty and hopeless and like we've made mistakes that mark us as failures. We cling to God because we have nothing else that seems to matter or be working and our entire dependency is on the Father. And then we get through it and praise God. And life gets a little easier and our dependency on God isn't what it was when life was falling apart. And it sucks.

But that's the point right? That life isn't always good and isn't always bad. We won't always praise God or need God the same at every point in our life. The trick is to maintain consistency in our spiritual life. To remain prayerful and be praising God for life, each and every day.



Dear God,

I'm sorry I don't need you like I should each and every day. I'm sorry my faith and dependency on you is based on the circumstances of my life and when things are alright, I put you on the back burner. Please help me give you the praise and attention you deserve.
Amen

No comments: