Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Need You

I think I could and might say it every week; Rick McKinley is amazing. He always brings it. And if it's not hitting close to home, he's got me thinking. Probably my favorite pastor to listen to. Yesterday while running I listened to the second part of the Jonah series.

This message hit home and hit pretty hard. I'm not going to to summarize the message because it's a good sermon to listen to. But I will rundown some of my thoughts taken from the sermon.

I went through trial and in my extreme need and emptiness I turned back to God and clung to him to keep me alive. Nothing else mattered except holding onto God. I needed him and of course, he was there for me. The problem is that things are going pretty good now and when things start going good, I rely on God less then I should. I really don't want God to become a background piece of my life. I don't want other things or people to keep me from spending time with my Savior. I want this time to be different. I want to live a life of worship.

No comments: