Monday, February 1, 2010

The Bible Tells Me So

So... the bible is fascinating. And I'm slowly coming to an appreciation of the Old Testament. There are things that I still don't get it's usefulness to me and admitting this would get me flogged in certain circles but it's true. But as I go through it, there are things I love.

I'm currently reading Song of Songs. It's love poetry. It's awesome. There was a moment when someone said this was a book you should read when you're married and not before. WHAT! I've never read it until now. I'm a big fan of poetry and I'm really digging Song of Songs. Why would you say this shouldn't be read until marriage? There's a youth leader somewhere that should be backhanded.

I'm also reading Kings. Kings... is mostly boring. The lineage stuff isn't as exciting or seemingly helpful to my life as other books of the bible. But there are single verses in there that jump off the page to me because they are verses that aren't really ever talked about and some of them change other stories and verse I've heard before and make me rethink things I've been taught and learned my entire life.

Anyway, the bible is super interesting and I enjoying discovering things.

No comments: