Saturday, January 9, 2010

An Open Letter to Direct TV

Dear Direct TV,

I have a complaint. In 2009, right before the start of 2009/2010 NHL season you pulled Verus from your line-up due to a money dispute. I understand they want more money and we are in fact in a recession. I also understand that you do have the NHL Center Ice package available. I am a lucky fan because I'm a Washington Capitals fan and I live in the district and Comcast Sportsnet carries all the games(minus the 7 that are on Versus this season). I am glad I get to watch the Caps.

But I'm a hockey fan. The love of hockey has replaced my love for the NFL. I would love to watch more hockey. The Caps don't play every night and their are other teams in the NHL. The only none Caps game I've watched this year was the Winter Classic. Hopefully NBC will show more games on Saturdays and fulfill a little bit of my hockey interest.

My real concern is for the playoffs. Comcast showed most (maybe all) of the Washington Capitals playoff run last season. This year, I think it's fair to say, we have a real shot at winning the Stanley Cup. I have a fear that when the Stanley Cup finals come around I won't be able to watch the games at home because they will all be on Versus and you have stopped carrying Versus. From fans of the NHL I implore you,

STOP MESSING AROUND AND PUT VERSUS BACK ON THE AIR!!!!

Bryan Patton

p.s. Dear ESPN, why do you have a NHL game of the week when you don't show NHL games. This is confusing and dumb.

No comments: