Monday, July 18, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

So I went and saw the new Winnie the Pooh movie yesterday. If that still comes to a shock to some of you, I don't know what to say. I love Disney movies. It's time to accept that.

First off I want to say that I did completely enjoy the new Pooh movie. As soon as it started a got a huge grin on my face and I'm pretty sure it stayed there while I watched the entire movie. The short in front of the film was great too. Some short, simple, very classic in every way.

But... I love Winnie the Pooh. And more to the point, I love The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Disney animated classic. I could watch that movie at any time and enjoy it every time. It is a deeply rooted part of my childhood. I grew up with a stuffed Winnie the Pooh. I love that movie.

I was even a huge fan of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (anyone else remember that show?). I loved that tv show, even though they gave us the disturbing image of a stripeless Tigger.

And I guess this is where my issue with the new movie lies... It just didn't have that charm factor that The Many Adventures has. And they tried. I absolutely loved Zooey Deschanel's songs in the movie. But some of the other songs just didn't click with me. Maybe it'll be liked Tangled where after a couple of times watching it the songs will grow on me (and I will be seeing Pooh again). I loved the movie, but it was just missing that charm factor.

Go see Pooh. You won't regret it.

No comments: