Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good

God is good. And it doesn't matter if life is going great or life just sucks at the moment. It doesn't matter if God is moving and doing great things in your life or if God seems so far away. God is still good. If it seems like a "duh" thing to say, I get that. But I feel like we all too often forget that God is good. And God doesn't have to be doing anything to be good. Because he's already done it. And out life situations don't change or affect is goodness.

Driving home from church Sunday night I was overcome and overwhelmed with a sense of God's goodness and my heart was filled with gratitude and praise. I'm embarrassed to share this because it was such a personal moment for me but there's a contrast and point I'm going to get to.

Pastor Mark talked about God's sovereignty this weekend. And he talked about how God orders our footsteps and guides us. He talked about how good God is. But he also mention that the world is full of evil and bad things happen.

So when I come home Sunday night, overwhelm and grateful for God's goodness and find out that my cousin's year old baby isn't going to make it through the night... How am I supposed to feel? It light or Pastor Mark's sermon, it was almost funny to see how that night progressed, from being so captivated by God's goodness to being heartbroken over the loss of an innocent child.

It was hard for me to move past God's goodness in that moment. There was no question God as to why it happened. There was no blaming. There was prayer for a miracle and outside of that, prayer that God would use an awful tragedy to someway bring glory to his name and some good would come from this.

But God was still good. Because God is always good.

No comments: