Monday, April 18, 2011

Lipstick Stigmata

It's time for an update on my great iTunes playlist endeavor. It's after midnight, the candle scent is pumpkin pie, and indie/emo band Elliot's classic False Cathedrals is playing over my computer speakers.

For those unfamiliar with my musical undertaking, I will explain. In, I'm going to say August, I decided to listen to my iTunes library start to finish alphabetically by album. Albums I like I keep. Albums I'm not feeling, I delete. And along the way, I share tidbits of things I've come to learn. So I'm now in F. That's right, F (Obviously. False Cathedrals, duh!) Since my last post here's the what's what.

Grits writes great singles. I love all their radio single. Innovative, killer Christian hip-hop. But their albums are full of filler and tracks I don't dig.

The Violet Burning is hit or miss. Drop Dead = Hit. Faith and Devotions of the Satellite Heart = Miss.

I totally love Mortification!

And really obscene hardcore, with lots of swearing has no place in my music library. There are bands with swearing (and lots of it) that has a place in my music library (and heart) like BoySetsFire, but I've delete a handful of albums where the swearing just got old. I have thousands of Christian hardcore albums that I don't need to fill my head with filth (all the time). On the hand, sometimes I need Hatebreed to fuel my anger... Just saying.

Next 5 Records:

Fanmail - Fanmail 2000 (Alternative/Punk)
Dime Store Prophets - Fantastic Distraction (Indie/Folk)
Slick Shoes - Far From Nowhere (Pop Punk)
God is an Astronaut - Far From Refuge (Post Rock)
Bleach - Farewell to Old Friends (Alternative)

Until next update... You stay classy San Diego.

No comments: