Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fall to Grace - A Book Review

If you've spent some time around me in the past month you've probably heard me mention Jay Bakker's latest book, Fall to Grace. And if you're sick of me pimping his book, I'm sorry. But I've decided to give it an online thumbs up and tell people why they should pick this book up.

What it isn't:

Despite what you may have read on the internet, Fall to Grace is not a book about gay marriage. While Bakker does talk about homosexuality and it's place in the church and the christians who profess to be gay, the book isn't about whether homosexuality is right or wrong. There are 2 chapters at the end of the book that address the issue of homosexuality and the bible head on but that shouldn't keep you from reading Fall to Grace. This book is for you no matter where you fall on the issue of gay marriage/homosexuality.

What it is:

Fall to Grace on the other hand is a beautiful book about redemption and God's saving grace and love that has redeemed Bakker, myself, and millions more. Fall to Grace is a study of Paul's letter to the Galatians. It's a well written book that is a nice reminder of God's sacrifice and love. Bakker does a great job at going throguh Paul's letter and using Paul's word to point back to Jesus as our lone source for salvation. It's a book about grace that covers all sin and accepts us all, wherever we're at at, no matter the circumstances.

I highly recommend Fall to Grace. I loved the book and I think everyone should read.

No comments: