Thursday, April 7, 2011

All Fall Down

So various members of the NCC Staff have been posting blogs about moments in life when they've fallen. Why, because when people fall down, it's funny.

And of course I decided I should join them. I mean, I fall all the time. I'm a tripping machine. It's like the sidewalk just grows to inches in my path to try and make sure that I find myself stumbling in public like an idiot. Just on Monday, my brother and me were walking when the sidealk attacked me.

Will Johnston Talks about falling off bikes and the dumb things done when a kid. I can relate. Between snowboarding (standing up on sleds, building ice ramps down narrow paths) and skateboarding I've experienced a ton of falling moments (and many bleeding moments) because of general being a boy and being dumb.

So what's a good falling story? I feel like ice has to be involved because ice is the catalyst for the best moments of falling. I know this year it took me a good 10 minutes to try and walk up hill on ice to get into work before I decided I would around to where the ice was not.

But this story does not involve ice. It involves coffee. Hot, very hot coffee. If you are unaware I drink a lot of coffee. I used to drink too much coffee. For all 8 hours of the work day I would consume coffee at the rate of about a cup an hour. Sometimes laziness was involved and I wouldn't make a pot of coffee, I'd just go over to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, or the little bakery below our studio for a cup.

One morning before going into the office I went over to Dunkin Donuts for a bagel and coffee. Walked back over to our building and began the climb up the stairs to our office. Stairs are hard at 6:30 in the morning and I had yet to get that coffee into my tired body. I missed a step and fell backwards. The coffee cup was squeezed just a little too tightly and the top pop off sending my yummy Dunkin Donuts coffee into the air and all over me. A great way to start your morning. Not sure I laughed at myself that time...

Of course I had tripped on those stairs while carrying coffee many MANY times. Oh my.

Thanks to Will, Jennilee, Heather Zempel, and Maegan Stout for the inspiration.

Here is Grits with They All Fall Down.

4 comments:

Jenilee Joy said...

hahahah! Love it!!! :-) People do fall, and when they do its always best to laugh!! :-)

Maegan Stout said...

BAHAHAH!!! This is great. We're going to start a falling revolution!! I have yet to find a good story on falling "up" the stairs, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Thanks for falling and blogging!

Heather Z said...

I once fell up stairs. Yes. Up. The stairs.

Patton said...

In tripping going up the stairs I know I've jumped forward in some poor attempt to catch myself (and not spill coffee on me). Doesn't really count as falling upstairs but it's just as entertaining.