Friday, April 8, 2011

Get Inked

Can I talk about tattoos for a second? Yes, good!

Actually I want to talk about not getting tattooed...

My tattoo artist, Jason @ Tiki Tattoo, is an awesome dude. His work is stellar and he's about the cheapest tattoo artist you'll ever find. I've never paid more then $60 for a session. It's great stuff. The problem is Jason is busy. Really busy. I went in to book an appointment in January and he could fit me in in October. What? October. We've been working on the same piece for over a year now and I'd like some new ink. Not just to finish what we started but something new and fresh.

So I've been looking for a new place to get some work done. The problem is you can never get pricing online and it's hard to judge the work. I just assume that if the work is awesome then I'm going to be paying out the nose but if it's cheap and the work sucks... You can see the problem here.

I've thought about looking into seeing if I could get a Daniel Weyandt, of Zao, tattoo. The problem with Dan is he works in Greensburg, PA. It's a 4 hour trip for me. A little for a tattoo but to get inked by the vocalist from one of my favorite bands... Awesome!

I'd also like to get tattooed by Dave Quiggle of xDisciplex, N.I.V. fame. He does killer art and I'd love to have a real classic tattoo done by Dave. But again, he's in California. It would be an awesome trip...

I have ideas for what I want but the idea of working with another artist kind of sucks. But... I want a new tattoo and I need to rock one soon so it'll be all healed up when I go to Disney. I need to figure this out soon.

No comments: