Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tennis Balls

Can I tell a story? This story will not do any justice to how this happened in real life but it's funny and because my brother-in-law and me talked about it last night, I feel it should be shared.

You ever have a moment where you say, I wish we caught that on video because we so would win America's Funniest Video if we did? Well I did. A moment so awesome, so funny, so classic, that I wish it would've been video taped so I could relive it over and over and over again!

I love baseball. I'm not very good at playing baseball but I love it. My family likes playing a game that's based on baseball. It's baseball but there's no team, no score, no real base running of any kind. And we use a tennis ball. But it's a fun time and the whole family plays. It's great. A couple of summers ago we were playing in the backyard, the whole family (minus my parents). I was up to bat. My brother Kyle had handed his glove to my brother-in-law.

I point at Kyle like I'm Babe Ruth, a signal that I was going to smack the ball right at him.

The pitch came in, I swing, hit the ball...

BAM! The tennis ball smacks Kyle right in his bits and pieces.

And while my poor younger brother falls to the ground, writhing in pain, the family laughs. Because it's funny. It's a one in a million chance that it would happen. I'm not that good at baseball. I didn't plan this. But it was brilliant.

It still makes me laugh to think about it.

No comments: