Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How Old Are You?


I was going to save my sister Becky for last but since I'm having a hard time coming up with quality blog stories for my other siblings. So congrats Becky, it's your turn.

My sister and I have a love hate relationship that goes all the way to be beginning of her life. When she was a baby I wanted to play her, so 1 year old me climbed into her crib, picked her up and dropped her out of the crib. Later in life, as I would be trying to sleep in the top bunk, with my arm hanging over the side, she would bite my fingers. Every night. I was clearly not very smart or else I would have stopped hanging my arm over the side. A few years after that I took a pair of scissors and almost successfully cut off two of her fingers. I don't know why I did this but I'm sure she had it coming.

As you can see, there's a lot of back and forth of terrible things done and said to each other. I'm surprised we still talk sometimes.

So what out of all the great moments in her life could I talk about? I could have posted a picture of her as a small child with an awful lesbian haircut. But I won't. There are always fat pictures of my sister from middle and high school but for some reason I also seem to be in the pictures and I'm not posting fat pictures of myself on my blog.

Instead I'm going to pick on my sisters age. Not her actual age, the age she lives. Where my sister is a mere year younger then me (she's dreading turning 26 in December), the ages we live our not even close. My sister acts like she's in 70's or 80's. I mean, if she and her husband got off work earlier she'd totally have dinner at 4pm. My sisters never been a late night partier so it's no surprise that she's not down for late night hangs. But her bed time is beyond me...

We went on a cruise last year and my sister was in bed by 9 every night! Are you kidding me? I know my brother-in-law keeps hours closer to mine and I just don't know how he does it. If I call at 10 on a Saturday night she's asleep and has no interest in coming out for a drink. I just don't get it.

So last night on Facebook my sister asked if it was bedtime yet. It was 8. At night. Let me say that again.

SHE WANTED TO GO TO BED AT 8PM!

If I'm contemplating going to bed at 8pm something in my life has gone horribly wrong. Even if I didn't sleep the night before my head probably isn't hitting the pillow till 10:30 at the earliest and I'm never that lucky.

You don't want to drive the 20 minutes from Germantown to Bethesda and have a drink with your brother, fine. But going to be at 8pm and you're only 25? I just don't get it.

No comments: