Saturday, April 3, 2010

Let The Music Do the Talking

I set up a kick, snare, and hi-hat this morning and played drums for the first time in at least a month. Just put on some hip-hop beats and played along for a half hour or so. It felt good.

I started a new Echo Broke Alone ep this week. Just started the writing process. The album is going to be called Can't Lose Heart. I'm excited to be working on completely brand new Echo Broke Alone material. Just writing and recording an album of songs from the ground up. A fresh start.

I also have two other project I'm considering working on. I have a handful of metal songs that I'd like to expand upon and create some sort of demo and record some metal song. I haven't really worked on a metal record where I've played all the parts and wrote the songs, so it would be something different for me and it would draw me out of my musical shell and help me expand some of my writing processes.

I'd like to do a singer/songwriter album too. I don't really have ideas for songs or how to attack this but I've been craving to do something along the lines of Richard Swift or Damien Jurado. Just work on song writing and do something simple.

I'd like to be drowning in music.

No comments: