Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stockholm Syndrome

So lent has ended. Technically Lent goes till Easter but it's a 40 day fast and if you fast on Sundays then you only fast till Palm Sunday. Celebrated yesterday with a bacon cheeseburger for lunch and 2 amazing pulled pork sandwiches. It was a good food day.

I'm not sure my next couple of fast will be fast of giving up something that doesn't affect the routine of my day. Meat, coffee, alcohol are all nice fasts and they would be a great pairing up but it doesn't get me out of my routine and thus doesn't find me spending more time with God and really giving something up to spend more time with God, thus making the fast kind of in vain. Giving things up for God is nice and all but to me it's vanity to fast without spending more time with God.

Giving up media in my car was awesome because I had all this time in my car to pray and there was a lot revealed and giving up internet and tv take me away from time I waste that I could be spending with God. Giving up a lunch gives me a time that I can use to spend with God where I normally don't.

No comments: