Monday, April 26, 2010

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

I just finished Donald Miller's book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. And it's good. I think I'm one of the last people on the planet to have read it. It was a struggle to get through the last couple of chapters. Not due to anything other then it was hard for me to keep my composure in parts. Reading through tears is hard. There are sad moments and happy moments, and triumphant stories that all brought tears to my eyes and I was glad when I finished.

I've always been a fan of Don's work and Searching For God Knows What is one of my favorite books. A Million Miles seem to really tough on a lot of things that seem to be bugging me in life right now. I mean Don has kind of been begged as the Every Man. He's relatable. Don seems like he'd be your friend and you'd love to sit around, drink some wine, and talk to him.

Reading A Million Miles didn't change my life and although it's got me thinking about some things differently, my life hasn't changed or been altered yet. But it does inspire me. And it did get me thinking. It did get me thinking about old dreams and new dreams. And that's important. Because thinking get me talking (to myself). And talking gets me to talking to God. Which is awesome and needed.

It's a good book.

No comments: