Saturday, December 19, 2009

I just need to figure out... Thundersnow continues

And the snow continues to fall here in our nations capital and the surrounding areas. It's kind of nuts. The car parked next to mine might not get out until June. It's crazy outside. I haven't left the comfort of my house today (unless you count the brief trip onto the balcony to take a picture).

I've been extremely lazy today. I ran this morning but we won't count that. I've sat on my couch and watched season 2 of How I Met Your Mother. An enjoyable show. If you've never seen the show but are planning to check it out you should stop reading because I'm about to drop a spoiler.

So season 2 picks up where season 1 left off. Where Lily breaks up with marshall (and even though I saw it coming, I felt extremely bad for poor Marshall when I got to the end of season 1). But in season 2 before she leaves she drops this line;

"I just need to figure out who I am outside of us and I can't do that while I'm with you."

Ok, that's not a direct quote but it gets the point across of what transpired in that scene and it's basically what she said.

Anyway, the point being it was a flash of deja vu. That was the reason for my break up a little over a month ago. Again, I felt terrible for poor Marshall. It sucked. Those words come back and hurt. It sucks. Anyway, things work out much better for Lily and Marshall then they have for me (they get back together and are getting married. I haven't finished the season yet).

I need my own Lily...

No comments: