Monday, August 20, 2007

When the Sky Pours Down Like a Fountain

I like rainy days. Today was a rainy day (well, rainy evening). It was 68 degress in Washington, DC. 68 in August... I loved it! A nice cool late summer day, a rainy evening. There's something comforting about rain to me. Today reminded me of an early fall day, which I love. I know people kind of dread fall because it means summer is over and winter will be here soon but I love fall. The leave turn and fall from the trees, football season, apple cider, halloween, my birthday, cooler weather (I know, I'm abstract).

There's a rainy day atmosphere that's nice. What can be depressing about rainy day to most people has a certain appeal to me. Staying indoors and listening to the rain fall on your roof. Running around outside and getting soaked. I have some good memories associated with rainy days. A good rain is refreshing. It cools off the air in the summertime, waters the plants. Something about sitting down with a nice cup of tea on a rainy day with some Billie Holiday on the record player in the background... creates a nice little backdrop to life.

No comments: