Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Advent of a Miracle

I posted about Shai Hulud's "Hearts Once Nourished With Hope And Compassion". Tonight I'm going to talk abvout another hardcore record that I still love. Strongarm's "The Advent of a Miracle" (1997). Similar in style to Shai Hulud (both records share the same drummer). Aside from have more melody then Hearts Once Nourished, the biggest difference between the two records is Advents spirituality. Spirit Filled Hardcore at it's finest.

"This is all that I believe
To bear witness to my calling
My life escapes me, my days they shorten
These final breaths to testify" (These TimesThat Try Men's Souls)


"A life of self sacrifice, a new creation
Devotion to purity, in the midst of light conviction
Set fire, to the hearts desire, taken by storm
No longer in the dark, dwelling in shadows nevermore" (Supplication)


"Formed, in the palm of GOD's mighty hand
Shaped, by the work of his will
And alive from the breath of his loving heart
Man's inspiration, is GOD's touch on the quickened nerves of the spirit" (Council of Perfection)


"I've seen the face of redemption, I've closed my eyes
I've felt the hand of grace, mend my broken heart
I've pierced my savior's sidefeel, with deceit and lies
In the mist of betrayal, still repentance waits" (More Bitter Than Death)


"Only love can fill the void, when the world has taken it's toll
Hand in hand, by your side, we'll walk down this path together
I'll take you to the place where promises will never break" (Advent of a Miracle)


"Creation groans for completion
Truth wakes in understanding
And the morning comes yielding peace
Oh how I long for this to be
Truth" (Sorrow is a Sage)


"Change starts a thought and can only be taught
With deep concern, the heart through the mind through time, learn" (Increase)


"The thing that drive us to hate, to love, to lust, to greed, and to good is
longing
Every soul is born with that vague undefined hole
We search each other's eyes for answers and find none
God will break the yolk that burdens you" (The Fall of Babylon)

No comments: