Sunday, June 28, 2009

iPhone

Sometimes I'm stricken with strange ideas. And my poor wallet combined with a conversation about iphones has led me to this one.

If you're a christian who had an iphone 3g and just bought an iphone 3gs you should be ashamed of yourself. Did you need to spend that money for video? Really???? I believe God will bless people monitairly but to use that blessing to buy a new version of the iphone instead of using it to help God's children in need? I hate the idea of God has blessed me so much, look at how rich I am. It upsets me. And I'm not innocent of this. I go to Best Buy and look at dvds to buy when I know at home I have tons of movies I have never watched. And yet I continue to consume.

I don't think we need to just pay our bills, but our groceries and the rest of our money needs to go to helping the poor, or to missions, or to someone in need, but I think we need to be smarter spenders. The government is saying we need to spend our money to stimulate the economy but what about stimulating God's economy? What about making investments in things that will last for all eternity? My goal is to be smarter with my money. To have money available so I can help others. I want to use my money for good, not for myself.

No comments: