Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thanks God for Rock and Roll Moms and Dads

Lazy Saturdays are always better then Saturdays where I have stuff to do. We all know this is true. I rolled out of bed at 10:30, took a morning run, ate a bowl of Golden Grahams, drank a cup of coffee, and am working on some mix cds for my parents.

Making mix cd's is a joy I have. I can't really explain it but together a collection of a dozen songs or so into a mix for someone to enjoy just makes me happy. Making these cd's for my parents is fun. Music they'd enjoy but also seeing how cool my parents taste in music can be. For my mom it's pretty straight forward. Mid to late 90's christian rock. Bands like Skillet, Five Iron Frenzy, The Supertones, Out of Eden, Bleach and the like. My dad is a little more complex and fun.

All my best memories from high school are going to concerts with my dad. Going to see P.O.D., Blindside, Squad Five-O, Zao, .rod laver, Stavesacre, Pigeon John, Purple Door Fest. Putting together a mix for my dad is going completely across the christian music spectrum and I'm loving it. From old school bands like Daniel Amos, LSU, Alter Boys to bands like P.O.D., Stavesacre, MxPx, Grammatrain, and Blindside. I like that I could put either of parent's mixes in my car and enjoy every song. Really thankful that God blessed me with pretty cool parents.

No comments: