Thursday, July 10, 2008

World Wide Waste of Time

So my last post was my 100th post. I guess I could've made a comment about it but does it really matter?

So just as I started posting again I'm going to stop. At least for 40 days. As I was driving home from work, talking to Carley about fasting and trying to decide what to fast it hit me like a 100 pound sack. Starting on Monday I'm fasting my home computer. I waste far too much time on the internet at home after work. Mostly downloading music or just looking up useless crap. My time on the internet could be spent in a thousand more productive ways. I'll still be on the computer at work and checking my e-mail there but not at home. I need to use the time I have at night to spend with God. More so then I have been lately. It's sad. I'm looking for God to really re-spark a passion in my life for him and the things he's placed on my heart.

I'll keep posting through Sunday. I'm going to keep a notebook of my thoughts and ideas as I go through this fast (as I won't be using my computer for keep such thoughts). I'm really excited to see what God does through this fast.

No comments: