Thursday, July 10, 2008

A quick thought

Lucky are thee who happen across this blog. 2 in one night. Not really looking for debate, more of just a thought on the words of Jesus and my lack to grasp it as right. Sometimes I wonder why the bible is written the way it is. Like there had to have been someone in the crowd asking Jesus questions as he spoke that's not written. Scripture can be so vague it can be frustrating. I was reading the Be attitudes in Matthew this evening and came across the little blurb on divorce and the last verse stuck out at me as something very overlooked. I make no secret that I always take the words of Jesus has the basis for my thoughts on how to live my life and everything starts with the Gospels for me.

So Matthew 5:32 says "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery."

I believe Paul comments on the matter in a similar matter. It's one of those verses that never gets talked about and it strikes me every time I read this verse. Is it wrong for my girlfriend's mom to be married again? Is it wrong for my good friend's dad to be married again? Not to say they shouldn't be allowed the chance to be happy to be married again but is it wrong? What was Jesus saying? It's just a verse that always strikes loudly with me and really makes me think.

No comments: