Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pearl of Great Price

It always strikes me as amazing when something you've read in the bible a hundred finally hits you in a new way. Reading the sermon on the mount and it's incredible that the things Jesus says strike me as new concepts. And I think how I read things always has to do with where I am in life. I wouldn't say I'm looking for something new but a fresh perspective has been a prayer of mine and that's what I'm getting. The more and more I go through life the less and less concerned I am with doctrine and church philosophies and the more concerned I am with how the bible speaks to me and how it can apply to my life. The church has become less about worship and a sermon and more about the people and the purpose. Going to church is more about what I can do to help others then what can I get from church. My life is messed up and not perfect. It probably will never be. My thoughts on spirituality change and grow everyday. And the words of Jesus become really thought provoking and challenging to a lot of things I've known growing up or assumed. I always wonder what the church as a whole would be if we could learn to work together and live as Jesus talked about.

No comments: