Monday, July 7, 2008

Rite of Spring

I've been writing far too little lately. Part of that I'll blame on moving and transitioning, but mostly it's me being lazy and not taking the time to write. Or if I do I feel like there's nothing to write and thus don't.

Another fourth of July has come and gone and another year not going to see fireworks. But there was Wii Bowling, fire crackers on the front porch, steak, and cheesecake, so who really can complain?

I've been contemplating a 40 day fast. I haven't decided what to fast yet but my lent fast was a really good time for me and there was a lot of growth moments and now I just really need God to speak into my life and show me where I need to go next. There's a lot of stalled ideas and passions in me that need direction, redirection, or a renewed purpose and fire. Jeremiah 29:11-13 has been such a strong verse in my mind and has been brought to my attention of numerous occasions.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

God has given me visions and passions for a reason and to let the sit and fade away is not what I intend to do with them. I really take my fast seriously and I'm not going to fast something to give something up. I fast media in my car and used that time to pray. I want to fast something to be replaced with me seeking God. Not giving something up to give something up. I really need to reconnect with my passion and with my God. My spiritual life can be too up and down and that inconsistency shows far too often. I wish I were more in tune with the things of God then I am. I want to be in the will of God and most days I couldn't feel farther.

For those wondering, no the title of this blog has nothing to do with DC punk rock and everything to do with classical music. Currently listening to Igor Stravinsky "Rite of Spring"

No comments: