Monday, December 26, 2011

Something Must Break

I don't write songs a lot any more. Mostly because I'm not a great song writer and I get pretty frustrated with myself. I write poetry to express things that I would say in songs, only in poetry I can be as long winded as I want and ramble and don't feel a need to make sense. Plus I don't have to play guitar to write poems.

Anyways, I wrote some songs the other night. Well, parts of some songs. But I wrote a whole song called Something Must Break. The chorus says "If something must break, it must be me" and it's about needing God to break our hearts and open our eyes to the world around us and even when we feel alone and broken, and useless, God is still there with us and taking care of us no matter what.

The video quality isn't great and my singing voice won't be heard on the radio ever but the words are important, so enjoy.

No comments: