Monday, November 28, 2011

Starting the Day off Right

One of things I've tried to focus on the last couple of months is just being grateful for what I've been given and blessed with and trying to keep a positive mental attitude.

Something I started doing about a month ago was to kick each day off with some worship music. Not a big thing to add into my day but when I wake up and am checking e-mail, getting ready to run, I throw some worship music on in iTunes and let that play. It's a simple change in my morning but it's made a difference. Starting my day off in praise and worship has been great.

I've also made a change to my daily run. Pastor Mark has talked aout redeeming small, every day things and I'd like to think that I've "redeemed" my runs. I normally just watch NHL on the FLy while I run. And I don't think there's anything wrong with watching hockey highlights. In fact, that part of my run still happens. But I have started muting the tv and instead have started to listen to worship and uplifting music while I run. Again, a small change that I'm noticing is making a big difference.

No comments: