Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Give Thanks

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.” ~ Meister Eckhart

I've been back from Germany for a week and a half now and life is back to what is passes for normalcy. Well, the new normal where the are now 8 people in my life who I need to see and talk to all the time... But that's for another post.

The problem with being back to normal is that my normal is filled with financial struggles, workless days, a lack of self motivation, discouragement, disappointment, etc...

Of course I have great friends, a loving family, a home to stay in, food to eat, and God has always provided a way for me to pay my bills. But I'll be honest, that's not always my focus. The negative stuff always overshadows the good.

So I'm trying to focus my prayer life on being thankful for all that God has given me. And there's a lot to be grateful for. Being grateful in prayer helps me see more of God's blessing and goodness in my every day life and keeps me praising God throughout my day and it helps me keep a positive mental attitude.

Give thanks for what you have and don't fret about what you don't.

No comments: