Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let Go of the Good Thing

One of my favorite Pastor Markisms is "I'd rather have one God idea then a thousand good ideas."

While I was running this morning the phrase 'Let go of the good things and chase after the God things' kept running (no pun intended) through my mind. It's really an answer to prayer for me as I've been wrestling with certain situations in my life but the idea has stuck in my brain this morning.

There are a bunch of people I know who have given up good jobs and comfortable lifestyles to pursue the dreams and passions God has placed on their heart. I know people who have been ridiculed and outcast for the convictions God has given them. But I think the idea can be applied in every day life. I know sometimes I will settle for things because they're good and when things are going good, I know my tendency is to think that God is blessing me. And sometimes He is.

I know in the last two years I've really struggled with where my life is going and what it was that God wants for me. I've felt pretty directionless over the last two years. It sucks. And while I'm still not sure what my next step in life is, God has begun to show me snippets of where I'm headed. And while life might not seem "good" from the outside, I have a God sized dream I'm starting to chase that's more important then anything else.

No comments: