Friday, September 9, 2011

Life Goals

I don't have a super long list of life goals, which is a little sad, but I'm adding to it every day. This coming week however, I get to cross off the goal that started my list!

Back when I was 21 or so my best friend and me had talked about a road trip across America. Getting in our car and without any plan or set destination taking off across the country, just because we could. Sounded like a great idea. My girlfriend at the time thought we were dumb and couldn't wait for me to grow out of my "college phase".

Well this upcoming trip isn't a get in my car and just drive with no plan or destination in sight, I do get to drive from California to Maryland next week.

I'm flying out to California to pick up a car for my buddy whose wife just had a baby. The trip doesn't allow for a ton of time to take side detours and do a bunch of cool things (I leave Tuesday morning and need to be back in DC Saturday afternoon) it does give me the chance to get in a car and drive across the country, something I've wanted to do for a while now.

I'm super excited about this trip. I'm burning road trip mixes, googling cool places to check out along the way. I'll get to see friends I haven't seen in way too many years, will sleep on some couches and will probably spend a night in my car.

It might not sound very glamorous but I'm excited to cross this one of my life goals list.

2 comments:

Jennifer Ruth said...

Where in CA are you headed? That's pretty sweet!

Patton said...

I fly into Orange County. It should be fun.