Sunday, March 1, 2009

Greater Things

Pastor Mark wrapped up the greater things series this morning. His last statement struck a real chord with me. If you focus on doing what's right, God will do greater things. Wow. It's far to simple a concept not to grasp and as someone struggling with the direction of my life and doing what it is God has called me to do it really hit me in the heart.

Well praying tonight I felt prompted to start reading the Psalms. Read Psalms 1 tonight.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Glad I read that tonight. A verse that hit a conversation I had with Car last night.

Now it's snowing! I'm hoping it's a lot like the news said it would be. There hasn't been a good snow in DC in forever.

No comments: