Sunday, February 22, 2009

Looking Forward to Lent

I recently got back into listening to vinyl. Mostly because I finally moved the box from the dark corner of my room over next to my record player. Mostly been going through my 7 inch collection. Some good stuff. Currently listening to Sense Field - Building. Good record (I think I need to change my needle).

Lent starts on Wednesday. I didn't realize it was so soon until church last night. It almost March though... I'm looking forward to Lent and fasting this year. It was really important and a really good time for my spiritually last year. So this year should be equally as awesome (let's hope). My main fast is coffee. 40 days without coffee... Hopefully after the first 7 the desire to kill someone will have passed (again, let's hope).

I really like the idea of also fasting something different each week for the 40 days. I'm going to give that a go this year. Not sure what exactly it'll be each week. Probably hair gel for week, buying lunch for a week, things that are small spiritual hinderances and things to develop better discipline.

Looking forward to (and dreading) the 40 days of fasting.

No comments: