Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beyond the Visible Spectrum

I blog way less then I want to. Very sad. I'm not that busy, just lazy... and it's not like I really have anything interesting to say anyway.

So Thursday and the Appleseed Cast have new records out today. I've listened to them both and am now going to comment on them.

Thursday is a band I really didn't get into until 08. Full Collapse always interested me in it's popularity and I guess it was just the right place at the right time. I bought it last year and I feel in love with the record and thus the band. I didn't hate Thursday, I was just never a fan. I was looking forward to the new record based solely on the split with Envy (those songs were great). The record is... fantastic. One listen through and I completely enjoyed it. The record doesn't really move in any new direction from previous Thursday efforts but that's not to say it's the same song we've heard before. There is something completely enrapturing about Geoff Rickly's vocals. The blend of full on screaming and singing fit so perfectly with the music. If you're a fan of Thursday, go buy the album.

The Appleseed Cast are awesome. They make beautiful music and I'm never disappointed. Their new album Sagarmatha is not a disappointment. I read a review this morning that said it sounds like Explosions in the Sky making an Appleseed Cast record and I can't really do any better describing it.

No comments: