Thursday, February 19, 2009

Will it Upset You if I have Jesus Smoking?

I'm not really a fan of when the Office is a repeat. Like how many repeats can you show a year?

I've kind of stalemated lately on poetry. After a line or two I can't put anything together. It's frustrating and I think it mostly comes from not knowing what I want to say. Which could also be because I'm trying to say something. It was much easier when I was writing about lost and drunken sailors sharing cigarettes and stories of lost love with Jesus. It would make a great story. An older sailor, finally returned home to find all he ever loved gone except the sea. Standing outside a bar, smoking a cigarette when Jesus comes up and asks to borrow a smoke. The drunken sailor tells his story of life and stories of the sea while Jesus listens. It would be more a device for telling stories then a consistent book with a plot but I like it. Well... it is my idea. Maybe I should jump on that.

A couple of new pictures over at flickr. Enjoy.

No comments: