Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Real

Two post in one day. Consider yourself lucky. But I'm waiting up for my brother so here we are.

So I had been rockin' a mostly vegetarian diet for a little while now and I've recently gave it up. It was a tougher choice to stop then it was to start. The reason I had started was it was a conviction and a way to practice spiritual discipline. Which sounds weird that God would have one stop eating meat.... but it's true and I was convicted when I started. But for the last couple of weeks I had been struggling with the idea of why I was still doing it. And I think it was less about spiritual discipline now and more about being fashionable. It wasn't a martyrdom but it was more something I could say about myself and it no longer had the meaning to my life like it had whence I started and so.... I enjoyed a hamburger on Friday night... and on Saturday night.

I think the discipline gained from when I started were very good and have carried over in other dimensions of my life and I think my eating habits are a little bit better then when I started (maybe very little). I think God can use many different things to help us grow in lives and relationship with him and I'm glad this was a way he used with me.

But I can wait to get my hands on some Shepherds Pie!

No comments: