Thursday, January 3, 2008

To Be Myself Completely

So it's 2008. So far I have only one complaint. The coffee maker at work has yet to function properly in this new year. It just won't make a good, strong pot of coffee and it's breaking my tired heart. Terrible.

So I'm going to outline a couple of goals for the new year. It's been asked why I make my goals public and there's a simple answer, I need to write them down. I make them public because it seems to make more sense to my little brain if I write them in a blog instead of opening up a word document, which actually does make sense because I will never reopen word documents that I've finished writing. Plus it allows those who read to ask me how I'm doing. So here we go.

Number 1, I want to smile more. I know it seems simple and easy and a dumb goal for the year but it's mine. Because I'm a nice guy. Seriously I am. I'm a lot of fun and super nice, and kind of cool but I don't smile often and thus the appearance of me being awesome is lost. Ask anyone who knows me, I am the bee's knees (will anyone not named Dustin Mills get this?). So I want to smile more and give off a friendlier appearance.

Secondly I'm going to finish things I start. I side tracked and lose focus and never finish things I mean to finish. I have a lot of half done projects from 2007 that need to be finished. So I guess before I start anything my goal is to finish things that I've yet to finish.

And lastly I want to continue to be open and honest with people. I did a little bit of that in the latter half of 07 and it was real good for me. What's the point in keeping my struggles and problems to myself? All it will do is bottle itself up until it reaches the point where I explode, which sucks. What do I lose by expressing my struggles and problems with others? Because everyone has their trials and issues and things that get them stuck or their questions. If people look differently at me because I can be honest about my problems then those are people I probably don't want to run with anyway. Where all the same.

I think my biggest goal in 08 is to continue to discover who God is and what he has in store for me. To keep asking questions, to keep learning and growing, to keep meeting people and loving people.

These aren't all my goals but the ones I want to share publicly. God Bless.

No comments: