Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dear Metro Rail

So I want to file a complaint to whomever is in charge of the DC Metro Rail system. Please take note. I am not one to complain about public transportation because I love it and not having to drive in the city is great. But we have a problem. I understand inflation happens and prices have to go up with the changing economy, I got that. But rider ship can't be hurting that bad can it? I mean you are how people get to and from basketball and hockey games. You will be the method of travel to the new baseball stadium. A large group of people even take the train to the football games. To maintain quality of service as a reason for raising your prices is a pretty bad excuse. And here's why I say this... it took me an hour to go from Shady Grove to White Flint. An HOUR! That's only a 10 minute drive. It's normally a 10 minute train ride. 1 HOUR! Thankfully Jer parked at Friendship Heights and I didn't have to go through the construction on the way home. I lost my mind today and decided to try and take a chance on Metro again... and there's a Capitals game. You know it's a bad idea when you get on the train and it's completely full at Shady Grove. The price to ride is increased, the price to park is increased and you're doing construction every week causing major delays! This is not working for me. Our relationship might soon be coming to an end and that saddens me deeply. But let's try and get it together. This doesn't have to end. Get your shit together. Make the price of riding worth it to the customer.

BP

No comments: