Sunday, September 16, 2007

Top 5

I'm feeling inspired this morning... kind of. Anyway, here's the run down on my Top 5 records of all time.

5. Joy Electric - The White Song Book

Why Joy Electric? Why not? I wasn't really a fan of Ronnie Martin's electronic music until this record. This is the first JoyE record that truly captured what Ronnie was capable of doing. A perfect pop record in every aspect. What Ronnie does with all analog snyths is incredible. I wish someone would release this record on vinyl.

"We are Rock"


4. MxPx - Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo

I've been an MxPx fan for a long time. I've always enjoyed listening to them. Slowly Going the Way is without a doubt my favorite MxPx record. I can't say enough good things about it. If you don't have this record, what are you waiting for?

"Tomorrow is Another Day"


3. Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

What is called the Godfather of emo records. I think most people fell in love with SDRE when they first heard Diary. Jeremy's raw intesity and poetic lyrics are completely moving every listen. Although I love everything SDRE has released since Diary and I love Jeremy Enigk's solo records and the Fire Theft album, nothing comes close to Diary.

"A Song About an Angel"


2. Hopesfall - No Wings to Speak

Although this record is an ep and only features 4 songs it does not diminish it's greatness. The beauty of this record is incredible. The End of an Era is still one of my favorite songs ever. About a relationship that has come to end because two people have different paths in lives and wishing that God blesses the other person in their endeavors. I love the song. This record makes me wish Doug had never left Hopesfall and that we would still have some great screamo.

"The End of an Era"


1. Starflyer 59 - The Fashion Focus

I love Starflyer 59. My favorite band. Their early shoegaze stuff made me fan up The Fashion Focus made me a fan of indie pop. A break from the layer and layers of guitar driver rock music the Fashion Focus was a perfectly crafted pop record. Truly the record where I fell in love with Starflyer 59.

"I Drive a Lot"

No comments: