Monday, September 24, 2007

Phone Calls = Creativity?

Two part post here.

First, I want to talk about music and moments. There's a piece of music that has an attachment to my life. When I say piece I mean. One minute and 15 seconds long. But it has attached itself to a moment in my life. And like I mean piece of music, I mean moment, 3 weekends. I had itunes on shuffle during lunch and up popped a track by Jon Brion from the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack entitled "Phone Calls". It's very pretty piece of music. Just a transitional moment in a movie that largely goes ignored by most watching the film but a beautiful song none-the-less. So this popped up and I had a thought. This little song has become attached to a girl I went out with briefly. She's still a friend of mine who I talk to from time to time but we went out for a bried period last summer. And this song, this short piece of unnotticed film score has attached itself to a memory of her. Just one of those things...

Alright, now for part two. I always like to acknowledge creative people. I saw two music videos this afternoon that caught my attention. One I had already seen a bunch of times but the second one was new. The first is by the band Justice for their song "D.A.N.C.E." The second by the Chemical Brothers with "The Salmon Dance".




No comments: