Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday

So the Super Bowl has come and gone. Congrats to the Packers on making sure no one had to listen to their Steeler friends talk about how their team is the greatest. You made the world a better place.

The most important sporting event on Super Sunday was of course the Washington Capitals shutting out the Pittsburgh Penguins (rough day Steel Town). I missed the first period listened to the second on the radio, and got to watch the third and celebrate another Caps win.

My Super Bowl review is simple.

The national anthem was sad. Christina botched the lyrics and sounded like she's been smoking a pack a day.

The game was actually alright but I couldn't really get into it. I was excited when the Packers scored and indifferent to any success the Steelers had.

The commercials were mostly awful. Ok, not awful but boring. The VW Darth Vader kid commercial was funny but everything else was pretty forgetable.

The halftime show was bad for humankind. In 15 minutes the Black Eyed Peas made everyone person in America hate them. Dear NFl, If you have season next year, Mettalica is your halftime show.

I persoanlly let my inner fat kid go and ate a lot of food, most of which isn't good for me but I love pizza, nachos, and ice cream.

I think that's it.

No comments: