Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Snow Day That Wasn't

So we got a foot of snow in the DMV. It was really a short lived snow storm but thurnder dropping nearly 4 inches an hour makes a nice impression.

So a foot of snow. All schools are closed and most everyone is taking it easy today. It's a good fire, movie, and bottle of wine type of day. I've been waiting for a snow day pretty much all winter. It's been a little disappointing to this point. But we got a foot of snow. Awesome!

Well... Not awesome. I'm at work. The price of being a "full-time musician" is that I had to move back in with my parents. And although I'm working part time right now, I still live with the family.

So my brothers went out last night around 9 when the snow was slowing down and shoveled the driveway and around the cars. Thanks bros...

Also my dad called a guy to come and plow the rest of our driveway (it's half a mile long) and he showed up at 10:30 last night. So the driveway was cleared. I let my car heat up for 20 minutes and pushed the snow off my car and it was off to work for me.

Lame.

At least the snow is pretty to look at.

No comments: