Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blame It On the Holy Rollers


So I had a great time Friday night seeing Advent and Sleeping Giant. Both bands were amazing and both have a great heart for what they're doing. Both bands were very honest as to their faith and why they play music and what they want to see. Sleeping Giant was very open about the hardcore scene being a place to come and worship God in a different way from conventional church that, a place where some might be more comfortable worshipping, and being able to worship in their own way. Sleeping Giant even played two "worship" songs, ending their set with Oh Praise Him (their version of course).



Honesty is nice and both Advent and Sleeping Giant are two of the most honest bands I've seen in the scene for many years. While I will always respect bands that don't preach and let their music and actions speak for themselves, the scene needs bands who want nothing more then to see people come to Jesus and have true, real relationship with him.



Here's a video fo Sleeping Giant. You can see me enjoying myself. (I'm the guy with the beard in the NIV shirt).

No comments: