Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Stanley Cup Finals

So I think I've picked just about every series wrong to this point, so if you're looking to bet on a team just pick which ever one I don't.


I could not have been more wrong on Chicago. The Blackhawks took care of San Jose with ease. I thought that even if Chicago could get past the Sharks it would take them seven games and even then I thought San Jose had more depth and that Nabokov would be nothing but solid in net. And boy was I wrong. I never expected the Hawks to sweep. Niemi was nothing short of great in the Western Conference finals.


I did say if there was a team not to doubt it was Philadelphia. I didn't think they're beat Montreal but I figured the Flyers had upset the New Jersey Devils with ease and came back from 3-0 to beat the Bruins. Philly was stronger, tougher, and more motivated then both Washington and Pittsburgh had been. They just out played the Canadiens and Halak finally ran out of magic.

Every part of me wants to pick the Blackhawks to win this series. I think they are an all around stronger line-up and Niemi has been so good in goal. I'm done doubting the Hawks and I think Chicago is the better team. But the Flyers have just been solid. They should've lost their charm when Boucher got hurt and Leighton took over in net. But they haven't. They took 4 straight to beat Boston and only dropped game 4 to Montreal. I'm still going to pick Chicago in this series but I'm going to say it'll take them 7 games. Philadelphia is too tough a team to lose this series in 5.

No comments: