Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Best Show Ever


No this isn't about 24. This is about the best concert I've attended. The show was Spoken, Rod Laver and Gryp at The Cave in Hagerstown, Maryland.

Now I had seen Rod Laver about 4 times at the Cave. They were one of my favorite bands at the time. I had never heard of Spoken but the guy who owned the Cave was very big on them and said it would be an amazing show. Gryp started the show. It was kind of a mediocre christian version of Korn. They were ok but I was waiting for Rod Laver to play. Rod Laver hit the stage and it was a great show. They were there playing songs of their Trying Not to Try release. Rod Laver was always a good show at the Cave and this was no different.

But Spoken was the real star of the show. By the time Spoken's set started the crowd was huge. When Spoken played the crowd exploded. Everyone yelling along to all the songs, a huge mosh pit, crazy crowd surfing. It was the first show I ever crowd surfed at. Spoken was crazy good live and after the show I went to their merch table and bought What Remains.

I've been to a ton of shows since then and some really great shows but the energy and crowd that night at the Cave when Spoken played makes that the best show I've ever seen.

No comments: