Wednesday, February 6, 2013

For God's Glory

I think Pharaoh gets the shaft most of the time. Sure, he was a dick to Moses and the Israelites but God, admittedly, hardened his heart to do so.

But I love what God says about Pharaoh.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Exodus 9:15, 16 NIV)

"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these signs of mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the Lord .” (Exodus 10:1, 2 NIV)

God is using Pharaoh so his glory can be seen and his name glorified. Pharaoh, despite being a major pain in Moses and the Israelites butt, is still being used by God to further His purposes.

It's an extremely encouraging passage of Scripture. Even when life seems like a pain in the neck and nothing seems to be working in your favor, God is at work. And there's no situation that he can't use to bring His name Glory.

No comments: